March 2, 2011
What’s good using Mac system is that it is equipped with utility that performs the entire configuration and settings that Mac users would need to improve their system’s performance. It comes with System Preferences that allows the Mac users to make any changes to their system’s settings. However this is fairly extensive. While most Mac users would think that it is already perfect but sometimes it also has some limitations. This is why Cocktail utility comes in. What does Cocktail Mac app can offer to your systems by the way?
Cocktail application is a standalone program for Mac system that offers all advanced settings and options that Mac users can configure from the interface of other applications, Spotlight utility adjustment, Time Machine and even emptying and clearing out the cache. This is quite a powerful application that your Mac system will need.
Once the application is installed and launched in the system, users will be prompted for their administrator password. This is for security purposes because the application itself needs to read carefully and edit fairly all the low level settings in the Mac system. As a Mac users you need to be sensible too before changing the settings in the system and avoid altering that you don’t fully comprehend. But above all, before any changes will be done in the system it is required to backup everything first including the system’s settings and preferences.
Cocktail Mac Apps Features
The application is divided into six main areas which include the Disk, Systems, Files, and Interface, Network and Pilot options.
1. Disks: This offers options for Permissions, Sleep, Journaling and other Misc settings. This is where Mac users can specify how long does the system will have to wait before putting the system to sleep, adjust the lid settings and repair the permissions.
2. System: These options are for Spotlight, Scripts, Databases, Time Machine and Startup settings. This allows the users to manipulate the scripts on Mac OS X and perform it weekly or monthly which is quite needed when cleaning the system. The Spotlight can both disable and enable certain disks and can even erase the index. Meanwhile the Time Machine can backup interval depending on any value specified by the user and even prevents the Mac OS X to index system files.
3. Files: These include options such as Caches, Logs, Preferences, Locking, Links and DS Store Files. This will look for corrupted preferences files, remove DS Store files and manage logs that can affect the system directories.
4. Network: This deals with optimizing the network connection and other network settings that can be changed and see to it that all changes made are retained in the system.
5. Interface: This offers all the visual options of other applications in the system. This includes the General, Dock, Safari, Finder, Mail, Login and QuickTime X.
6. Pilot: This is the simple way to optimize, clean and repair the Mac system. It is an automated process that will work on the operations of the application itself.
Cocktail Mac app is your excellent choice of utility designed to offers settings that will enhanced and alter the Mac settings. Try it now today and download it in your Mac system.